We have had to make a hard decision to stop providing an ear syringing service at the practice due to the potential risks involved with ear syringing.
In addition we are faced with a huge increase in the demand for clinical time and nurse appointments and we no longer have the capacity to be able to offer this service in the practice.
Please note that we will not refuse appointments for those with ear pain. Please do not attempt to self-treat if any of the following apply to you:
- Pain in the ear
- A history of ear drum perforation in the affected ear
- A recent history of an ear infection in the affected ear
- Symptoms of infection in the ear – usually pain or a smelly discharge
- If you have an offensive discharge or bleeding from the ear (this may mean you have an ear infection)
- If you only have one hearing ear which is the affected ear
- Previous ear surgery on the affected ear
- Sudden deafness or buzzing
- Foreign bodies in the ear
If you experience any of the above, you should seek advice from your GP.
Please see our leaflet for further information